Thursday, December 8, 2011

Amount of Bacteria Growth In Reusable Bags

Recently, more of our society is becoming aware of the potential risk of using reusable plastic bags. I found this interesting article last night, and thought I would share it with you all. According to a new study done at the University of Texas, three out of ten bags found in stores have high levels of bacteria growth. It was suggested that the high levels of bacterial growth on three of the bags was one concern, but the amount of bacterial growth in the bags is another significant problem that needs to be addressed.
University of Texas microbiology professor Shelley Payne said, "Just taking a blot of the inside of the bag, the plate is almost covered with bacteria and fungal growth, and that suggests that there is a considerable amount of contamination."
What fascinates me most about this article, is that the contamination effects are not necessarily the harmful high levels of the bacteria growth, but the significant amount of bacteria growth that is in the bags. Payne later said that, "I would not personally want to eat from this bag, the level of contamination is significantly higher than you would like to see."

4 comments:

  1. I have heard arguments that mention the bacteria comes from products such as meat and that to decrease the risk of these bacterias being trapped in reusable bags you can ask the cashier to wrap up meat and fish in in a plastic bag first before putting it in your re-usable bag.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do think using reusable bag can be a very easy way to transport bacteria from grocery stores shelf to your refrigerator at home. Which in all intensive purposes isn't a good thing. Although, I would like to bring up the point that there are bacteria everywhere and most of them are not pathogenic (disease causing). Thus, even though it may be true that there are elevated levels of bacteria in the bags, it is more important to determine what kind of bacteria are found and if they detrimental to people's health.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have written well on above topic and also thanks for sharing with us. Golden greek turmeric yogurt

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dr Itua cure my HIV, I have been a ARV Consumption for 10 years. i have been in pains until i came across Dr Itua on blogs site.I emailed him about my details of my HIV and my location i explained every thing to him and he told me that there is nothing to be scared of that he will cured me, he gave me guarantee,He ask me to pay for items fees so when i'm cured I will show gratitude I did and giving testimony of his healing herbs is what I'm going to do for the rest of you out there having HIV and other disease can see the good work of Dr Itua.I received his herbal medicine through EMS Courier service who delivered to my post office within 5 working days.Dr Itua is an honest man and I appreciate him for his good work.My GrandMa called him to appreciate him and rest of my friends did too,Is a joy to me that I'm free of taking Pills and having that fat belle is a nightmare.you will understand what i'm talking about if you have same problem I was having then not now though.I'm free and healthy Big Thanks To Dr Itua Herbal Center.I have his calendar too that he recently sent me,He Cure all kind disease Like,Cancer,Herpes,Fibromyalgia,Hiv,Hepatitis B,Liver/Kidney Inflamatory,Epilepsy,Infertility,Fibroid,Diabetes,Dercum,Copd ,and also Bring back Ex Lover Back..Here his Contact .drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com Or Whats_app Number +2348149277967

    ReplyDelete